EARLY MORNING REVIVAL

For thou oh Lord, art God, above ALL the earth......Thou art exalted far above ALL the earth.....For thou oh Lord art God, above ALL the earth.....Thou art exalted far above ALL the earth!!!

I awoke as I usually do at around 4:30am (Baton Rouge time) and this song was firmly on my mind. I did not know why and could not understand it but busied myself with speaking to the One who owns All I am. We were having a discourse around Isaiah and Psalms and He spoke eloquently from Isaiah 14:2 & 3. I was like 'what is this? you know how deep in despair I am, no toasting this morning,just give me instructions'. Ok, He said and the song came back so strongly, i started to sing out loud. I knew it would be an interesting day cos whenever He gets His teeth into stuff that early in the day, it always is. Next I read from the Psalms and I wasnt sure what it was He was saying.
I was distracted by a phone call. It was someone I had to speak with, frankly, decisively and leave no doubts as to what I meant but I needed to be able to do it in love and He'd set me up the night before when a dear friend asked about some obnoxious peeps and how we as Christians must try to be as authentic as possible in our relationships. I'd jocularly said to her that when I got back to heaven (assuming that's where I came from-BIG assumption!) that I did not want to take any of the abilities and predispositions I'd been endowed with back there and asked her, abi what will I need all the curses I know for in heaven if I dont find someone to 'dash' them to here on earth.....she'd been scandalized appropriately but that's why I call her Mother Superior, she's good for my sanity and probably the angels who guard me like her too! So I talked with him with a lot of decorum and love but I am sure even he never expected what he got. That relationship will either improve or its over, of that I am sure!
I next got ready taking an orange for pre-breakfast cos of some peeps who are determined to ruin my love of food by making me discuss what size I am, in body or shoe, I ask. I made a dash for the bus as is my tradition, even though I track it on my phone, every single morning, I panic at the last minute and run for the bus, sometimes, its a good thing I ran, most other days, its just my body forcing some exercise on me. Twas not so today, the bus pulled up 2seconds before I reached it and I jumped on and tried not to OCD by getting into the same seat I always ride in, I failed. I sit in my usual spot and most times, I can even empty that seat by glaring (oyinbo pikins dont like glaring black women, am finding out!). I hear the bus driver talking but my phone rings, its an urgent burial arrangement call and so I take it. All the while, I am aware that a conversation is going on between this bus driver and a young student seated near the front of the bus (let's call him Assistant Pastor for now, will become clearer!). I finish my call and start to listen round the first bend from my apartment complex. I find a full scale sermon is ongoing and even though its amazing to me, I did not realise this was my message at all till much later. The sermon goes on and on and at some point, the bus driver becomes so animated, the bus feels it and jumps. Now this is a rarity, in a place where the bus drivers are only allowed to ferry you from place to place and will only attempt to talk to you if you're black (I have had more than my fair share of conversations, even scoring a date-unsolicited-from one of them, and being appointed honorary Veterinarian to one of them's dogs and so on and so forth-ask me about those stories sometime!). Anyway, remember Assistant Pastor, he's a white boy! and of the others on the bus, there's only one other black boy.....who cares, bus driver seems to say! I need you to hear this!!! So here are my notes from this early morning watch.....
1. When people dont know the purpose of a thing, there will be abuse....he went on to expound how finding out one's life purpose was highly essential and he turned to Assistant Pastor and advised him that since he was young, the time to find out his purpose was now!
2. There will be bad and good days but your good days will outlast your bad ones....who is this guy and why is he getting in my head?
3. Your mind is a sponge, evil communication corrupts good manners! I wanted to add- so guard your heart for out of it are the issues of life! This guy is on a roll!
4. The good days will happen dependent on your attitude! That's when he got my attention! I was tuned in now! Remember how sourly I was at my meet with my Creator?
5. Your name is who you are and you were birthed for such a time as this. Surely, this guy was at the early morning meet? My name is Adenike (its my name, dont wear it out!).
6. You cant sow tomatoes and reap watermelon....and I just buckled under pressure. I whooped! If I tell you why, you wont believe! Assistant Pastor interjects about a recent experience and the entire bus takes on a revival atmosphere.
7. To get what you want, you will have to do stuff you aint never done before (his words, not mine!) And not a word more is necessary for me to understand.

For thou oh Lord art God, above ALL the earth, thou art exalted far above ALL the earth!!!

Comments