FRIENDSHIPSdotcom!

Dont know that I have a lot to say today. I endured excruciating pain over the weekend for an as-yet-undiagnosed ailment. But am still here, which is why I decided to try and write something before this goes the way of many of my 'projects'. I am grateful for friends and decided to attempt to catalogue some of my new friends. I like to do that cos meeting people is one of the exciting things I truly enjoy. The same way some people like to read books and get to know as much about a new material, adventure or city, I enjoy 'reading' people. Forget that sometimes I read them wrong, I still dont quit reading them as I find that as with other skills, it takes practice and this practice is what I am getting with this whole adventure of being here. I however dont like to be plain and obvious in my skill and as such, surreptitiously assess and reach estimates of my friends. I am grateful for every single one of them and cant be bothered by anyone who has issues with this favorite pastime of mine....
So, where do I start? 
She is slim, smart and totally appealing to me, she validates my need to do the right thing. We met for a very short time but she is just such a fulfilling answer to prayer, I doubt she herself knows it. She is starting this journey with my best wishes and I am trusting that when a little time has passed, our re-union will be as I hope, in the land of the free, a celebration of hearts.
He is virtual and real (@#%*) and able to gladden recesses of my mind. He humors me and even flatters my non-existent skills, would be very easy to make a transition if I was not me. I laugh out loud at his ability to do what I do not know how to do and hope that he will keep doing what he does as his work makes the world a better place (my opinion!). Very aware and very acceptable in worldly terms, we will be friends for a long time.
She thinks she is fat, I laugh. She looks fab! But she is infecting me with this mindset, cos I really like her. Problem is, neither of us is fat! And we both rock!!! She is a devoted mum who just lights up my heart with how she relates with her daughter. She had a bad hand earlier but the new guy on the block is 'di-vine'. He does stuff of dreams which makes me truly glad for her. She is right this minute speaking about how she needs to 'lose' something.....smh! I will humor this girl and get some muscle tone but may smack her upside her head if she drops below fab, so be on the lookout!
He wants to feed me and feed me and feed me. Problem is, everything he cooks tastes good, and he starts to sulk if I dont eat. I eat sometimes but other times, I just pass and I feel him eyeing daggers at me. I do not look anorexic though or do I. Or maybe its all those reports of people starving in Africa is the reason he does this. Whatever it is, I am about to ask him to make me something to eat round about now when I feel so hungry & cant afford to eat. He is my friend though.
She is seriously OCD. Watching her is an exercise in patience and listening to her saps my energy also. She however has her heart in the right place. I endure cos I seriously love her (yes! I love very many people!). She validated me in a way that not a lot of people have done in my life, putting her money where her mouth is, walking her talk, sometimes literarily. She has a fire in her that can be put to any kind of use and I aim to steer it in the right direction. My guidance must be subtle though, else her symptoms will take over and I wont know how to handle things from there. I aim to keep trying and trying.
He brings me joy, much like Anita Baker says. I wish I knew why. Want to sing that song everytime though cos of the wheels that I see turning- We dont have to take our clothes off, to have a good time......-he may not know abourrit tho except if Google is willing to oblige. We have access to each other's thoughts and probably have a primordial connection that we know nothing about. Lately, the connection has worked in situations that used to be very hairy and I aim to try for more of that. Wonder what the adoption rules in the US are?
Lastly but most definitely not least is larger than life Babe, Diva, Persona! We went from zero to 100% in one day! She gives my SP a good run for her money. This one also shares my thoughts and was truly surprised I had hers too. She 'gets' the Big G like I do or maybe I should say like I like people to. She gives me life lessons and I blush, she can be the female version of my virtual hero. She has my back like a Lady Tiger with her cub. I am grateful for her friendship and am still studying her becos I think she hides some pain. 
Well, there you have my list of new friends which is by no means exhaustive but my attention span can only do so much before it needs stimulation from another angle so this will just have to do. A wise writer told me recently that I should always have something for my reader to take away so I will attempt to do that. My friends always bring something to my life that I need and I am deeply thankful. I am yet to meet one that fulfills all of my needs but in the summation of each and everyone of them, I have the completeness of my requirements and even though I am only a bit of their need, I rejoice in the fact that I make them a little less incomplete than before they met me. To some people, that is just unfathomable but that's why we are not friends, only my friends totally 'get' this..........

Comments