IT IS WELL...

She ended every sentence with this recently,she even ended arguments with it. It is well. It is. No doubt that it is but every time I think about her, I think in present tense, I guess its still early days yet and I probably still have a long time to get used to her not being around. She is able to rile me up becos she is......oops, was, someone I care, no, cared about. With one statement, she had the ability to turn my days upside down or right side up. She gave me birth and a huge chunk of her person, strengths & weakness, a lot of her is in me and that scares me no end. She was blessed with 2 daughters (like me) for a long time and later had a son.

Dont want to talk about this morbid feeling I get from this talk so here i am going to insert my first attempt to do this........


Life does not stop being funny when a person dies nor does it stop being serious when you have fun'-which person was it that wrote this? I'd like to meet them round about now! It does! Life stops being funny when a loved one dies! Its hard and its painful,it complicates your ability to endure stuff and the overflow of water from your eyes seen as tears is just one of many ways that you try and deal with that. Now, take me, I nor dey cry.................


On to other things, my MLK day was great, just my kind of day, I spent the first part lounging, being lazy, little did I know, I would pay for that in full. I also ate stuff I like, that always works. Next, I obsessed over my country on fb and twitter, with like-minded idealistic dreamers who believe, not sure why they believe and hopeful that their beliefs will make change happen and are usually the most surprised when that happens......@toluogunlesi-this is a #sub. Anyway, I had many phone calls filled with more condolences and signed up for signpost duty. Signpost duty turned out great as it was interspersed with carpentry, keyboard or make that non-existent keyboarding skills for me, spontaneous off-key praise and a very emotion-laden rant about why Nigeria should work. In all, a great 'I have a dream day'! 
Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK)- an American clergyman and activist who received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964 (youngest recipient at the time) and was responsible for ending racial segregation and discrimination through civil disobedience. The ideals for this organization he took from Christianity; its operational techniques from Gandhi. He was assassinated  in 1968.

Comments