63

She would have clocked 63........
I would have called to say, Happy birthday, Mum!
She would have laughed and asked for a gift......
I would have laughed and said, You mean you didnt receive it yet?
She would have laughed and said, Ha! Ijebu ni e....
I would have said, Iyen o kin se ebu, Identity mi ni.....
She would have said, Ok, pe mi later......
I would have said, Alright, talk later........


Only problem is we had our last conversation before God took breath from her....
I miss her in a non cerebral way (what is that?).
I am unaware that I miss her until I need her
Only problem is I miss her several times a day
Every day........


Thank God for authentic relationships and the benefits
Thank God for Fulbright Program
Thank God for the American healthcare system
Thank God for the one who thought of the hospice
Thank God

Grateful for Yemi
Grateful for Folarin

Happy birthday Mum!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!