POETRY

Reminiscent of a script written long ago, I awoke as in a dream, to discover that I was dreaming. A hard to understand or decipher dream for that matter. Many people running helter skelter and I wondered why. I ran at some point becos it seemed foolish to be the only one calm in this feverish group and as I ran, was aware that my ignorance could cause problems for I knew not what it was I was supposed to be running from or to. I eventually got to a place I recognized but wondered how I got here so quickly becos I knew the distance (when awake) had to be more than the distance I have covered in this my sleepy, dreamy state. I recognized someone and she was not happy to see me and then she shoved me. The details are sketchy but I awoke and realised I had been dreaming. The attendant headache and cottony head made my morning very difficult and only the memory of a nice Superbowl hangout sustains me. 

She is not unwilling but unable and even when she tries, she freezes up becos this has never been and could never be me. The girl who can wantonly decide what color she likes or what kind of cake she prefers. Even expert as she is in ice-cream matters, she leaves that decision to someone else if it ever was up to more than her. Asking for brazenness from her is like requesting snow for 12 days in Baton Rouge. Google returned a response of 'still searching' on that one. She is however neither prudish nor inhibited. What she is is faithful, obedient, loyal. Despite life's best efforts at teaching her otherwise, she constantly walks a high road that seems filled with pot holes of loneliness and bad drivers who sideswipe her as she chugs along in perfect unison to the Highway code. She is able to carry on becos of a hope and a desire and believes that will be met and actualized at a later date. This girl needs to change the car and drive the new Corvette. Swinging undecidedly, she is in one lane today and another tomorrow and knows that decision time is finally here. She will do only what is best for her now as trying to think hurts her head and her other major body part. 

He has no similar issues becos of his purity of heart and purpose. Tall, dark and intensely good looking helps the attraction to ideals. Groundedness and empathy are tools of his trade. Yet reality is what he thrives on. Always politically correct in making the right assessment and evaluation, he strides one leg slightly behind the other at proving his point. Whenever there is a requirement, he fulfills it as easily as if it were created for him from before time existed. Hard put to call out and determine when, he chooses now. What will make this to happen is what I refuse constantly becos its not the script of my dreams, ah! Yes! that dream reminds me of my headache and I apply the quick fix to soak the cotton wool in drinks that will put me to sleep for a longer time. When I awake, it was all a dream.........sigh!

Comments