When God Doesnt Make Sense.....

I did not coin this title (not that smart), I read a book so titled a while back and its one of those books that attempt to point you in the direction to go when your faith in God does not immediately identify an arrow to follow in the fork in the road or your spiritual GPS does not work. 'After 11miles, turn left, drive 9miles  and your destination will be on your left. Arriving at destination on your left'. Wouldnt that be cool? Someone to say its ok to be angry that you missed the fork in the road some 11miles before but, 'recalculating' your new destination pronto. 

Deep faith in God happens, no one knows why, (at least I dont) but that does not make me agnostic, I do know He exists and I know where and why but ask me and all I can tell you are my experiences, this is why Yorubas say He is 'Oba ti a ko ri, sugbon a ri ise owo e'. You may not be able to tangibly see, but in relation to Him, there are inexplicable things, some call them coincidences and I agree, but I still like that coincidences coincide for me. 

When stuff happens that make you question deep faith, have you become faithless? Is your faith shaken? I think that may be simplistic and denies the very sovereignty and omnipotence of God by suggesting that you entered a zone He was unaware of. I am sympathetic today of those who have had unusual dealings with a God that some people insist follows very set principles and laid down patterns. This is becos I have not so found Him to be (that sounds like a strange language!). God loves each person deeply and does for them only what will take them from where they are to where they need to be. 

I am aware of the need some people have to flay some people who claim to have a relationship with God and whose standards of behaviour does not (for them) match what they feel it should be and thus persecute them for not representing adequately. Finding out what God thinks about such would shock such people, I think, not becos they are wrong in their estimation, for we usually judge people as we are, not as they are and such judgements are usually a template of our own acknowledgement of our own shortcomings. This is not becos I am privy to what He thinks of them but I can hazard a guess, seeing as we are chums and all but am not sharing today. 

So, what to do when God does not make sense? This is when faith is birthed, this is the test that Abraham passed to become, the Father of faith. Do as occasion serve you, trust the spirit in you, follow your heart! You can say it in 200 different ways and it will still mean the same thing. Who you know God to be is what defines the limits of existence for you. Abraham knew God was not interested in Isaac-suya, he knew! Based on relations with Him prior to then, He knew all would end well and so when God does not makes sense, make sense of it all by what you know by relationship and go on. His sovereignty demands that He not show you the entire map from the beginning but not becos He is mean, only becos the other bits, if revealed too early will make you lazy and He does not want that. He wants you constantly improving on you till the you He knew you could be arrives at the destination, back to Him!


Comments