Who is Nasir Elrufai?

I dont know and I dont much care. That is in response to my question 'Who is Nasir Elrufai?' What I do know is he is not who he is portraying himself to be. Now, be mindful, I am apolitical and cant tell you the specifics of the politricks of the political arena of the nation Nigeria. But I detest people who by the very essence of their personality, misuse their influence. Whether the influence is deserved or not does not much matter. If it is available to you either legitimately or not, the best use of it will determine if you are being misjudged for having it or not. 

Now take Nasir, he has an opportunity to be influential in the scheme of things, as I said, I cant for the life of me figure out why? Other than being the Governor(yes! I know that's not the term, sebi I said I am apolitical, dont much care for these things and so dont know the term! plus dont think its worth the trouble to find out!) of Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory at one time when the going was good between him and his taskmasters (whom he now finds joy deriding at every opportunity like the boy who did not get picked to play ball-either becos he's scrawny & may not be a good player or becos he plays well and makes too much mouth, me, I no know!). There was also a hulaballoo at some point that he demolished houses, and that he was persecuted by his handlers(?) at some point. Other than those, the relevance of Mallam Elrufai still eludes me. 
But this is Nigeria, where people become relevant for no reason at all (that may well be the reason!). Now I have read some of his comments on Twitter and Facebook and I am saddened by this man, he is a good portrait of the vestige of Nigerian politricks that is dying. I am hopeful that since he is intent on re-inventing himself, his use as a lesson will be invaluable. He will be available to show a new generation of Nigerians how not to be a politician. He plays the clown on Twitter with his Q&A from 3pm Sunday Nigerian time where he gives cryptic and sometimes truly astonishing(?) replies to very many of the questions sent him. I wondered at first if he meant this to be just a fun session but watched as quite a number of questions sent him became a fun-poking exercise for him, at PDP (duh!), at GEJ (for which I truly dont mind, I mean, that guy gives comedians so much material, its criminal not to poke fun) and at the future of Nigeria and this is what bothers me.
Now Nigeria today is our reality but the onus is on every well-meaning one of us to attempt by being a bit more responsible,to shape the Nigeria we wish to see and this is why I truly cant believe the gall of this guy. Why make pronouncements of import to an already crazed (with pain, sadness and sorrow) generation as if it matters not? The irresponsibility that in my opinion birthed BH and for which a certain somebody who is called elder statesman who cant pay his own rent should be arraigned and tried for is still with us. People should know that in a nation this diverse, some are looking for someone to just ignite them and they will burn up in response to these so called visioners irrespective of what the vision is. Why then is this guy doing this irresponsible game with the impressionable youth of Nigeria? 
I have no grouse with him, I have never held strong views about him, I was only aware of him in a non-cerebral way as a loudmouthed person who makes nonsense of his seeming intelligence by all the noise he makes, but I know Nigeria's future rests on the right education and motivation of its youth and I cant have him ruining that. I am not a personal friend of his but if you read this and are, pls warn him, I have my eyes on him and if he does not stop and find other ways and means of relevance, it will become a battle (roforofo fight!) between me and him and the outcome can never be good (for him!).
At times like this, I miss Gani, now that I can afford to fight these battles for the fun of it, he's not here....*looking for a worthy replacement*!

Comments