4-6 Days

Her mantra has always been-my money where my mouth is/ daughter of my Father,I love the unloveable. I have never found her falling short and when she said, I am coming to see you, I knew it was a when, not if.

She is special to me in ways that are difficult to describe. Words are inadequate. I know the force of feeling sets me up to fail by trying to write about this but I am fooled by the words that made me start blogging in the first place-brainy,eloquent,able (plus I now have 2 followers-yaay!).

I am taking a huge chance trying for this and only I will know where my failsafes will be, making it easy to recant this whenever I want. Not because I dont feel this but the new me should not be doing this at all. No, not at all!

She sought me out a long while ago (by her own admission!).
She expedited my motherhood by sharing a private experience.
She found me with legs of clay and stayed to validate me in ways I am constantly challenged to meet up with. She teaches, counsels, challenges, rebukes and constantly calls forth better than I can be from me and blows my mind by making me feel she has something to learn from me...na wash!

When I say I am broke, she reaches into her bag and does her 'ore mi olowo' move that brings tears to my eyes and then pays me back by asking me for money when she needs it.
She obsesses over the children, hers and mine as if they were born of the same mother and frankly, we are! She steps in my personal space and draws talk out of me when I turn up the volume on my car radio because I dont feel like talking, taking her frontal-ness into places where few dare to tread.
She back checks my physical, emotional and psychological state constantly like she was given the assignment by the Big G himself.
She frees me up to be myself, even when she 'knows' (I wonder how?).
She exemplifies what she thinks it can be, if I try.

I have been immensely blessed by relationships all of my life and the sum total of them is my personality today. I am made up of the funny, sad, beautiful, horrific, grandiose, petty, awesome, inconsequential, true, false, evil, good (I left out quirky and quixotic! Q sucks!) and most definitely, self-made rules for living that I live by but she modifies them constantly!

In 4-6 days, she invaded my space (for the millionth time)! Entered it with love and friendship and lest I forget, too much laughter! Affronting my other friend and his gentle views of me and my other other friend who had too much access to my time and the other other other friend who idolized me but I was unaware of and the other other other other friend who thinks I may be like her.

She maybe gave me 20minutes (the ride from the airport!) before she started trying to get in my business (nosy poker!) and I tried all manner of subterfuge but collapsed beneath her onslaught (veree persistent! ha ha!). We talked, prayed, cried (well, mostly me!), laughed (way too much!), and hypothesized. At the end, I walked away with a new focus, and new ideology. Her reach is more than in my work, in my health, in my relationships and in my leisure and even though I jocularly call her my good head ( of the two heads are better than one fame), the reciprocity of influence is what gets me everytime!

Dont tell her I opened my soul and let her in and she emptied it of its pain (I'm used to it, like the harsh African sunshine that destroys my eyes!)!
Dont tell her it felt awkward to share with someone (am I not supposed to be married?)!
Dont tell her I wanted badly to not have her experience my pain and at the same time found it too cool that she did (no one does!)!
Dont tell her she has my affection for life (even before now, this is just one more nail in that particular coffin!)!
Dont tell her I am doing penance on her behalf cos of all she knows and cant reconcile with what she should say about it becos she loves me (dont even try and guess, you would be soooooooooooo wrong!)!
Dont tell her how thankful I am that God took her wings and gave her earthly time to be my friend cos I do know she is an Angel (under-cover, in more ways than one!)!
Dont tell her that I found strength in her and I am grateful for her EVERYWOMAN a la WH stance with me!

But I still want my divalicious clothes she took!
And I want my Mo v1 to save me part of that smile they sometimes share that makes me feel so je-lux!
And I want her to be here for the longest time, to see ALL her desires for me and mine and hers fulfilled!
And I kneel to ask the Big G to enable me to influence like that, just one other in 4-6days!
Olanike!

Comments

  1. Nice. Could she be my pal tooo. I sure need 1 like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have to wrestle me for her then!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!