Fragments of Prayer

Having a difficult week at work! Cant work! Work isnt working! That happens sometimes when I am worrying about stuff. Lately I have had more than enough to worry about- work, family, Nigeria, staying sane and most of all, work. My work is supposed to be easy but its complicated by me being unable to settle down and do the needful.

I am grateful I was not raised in America, by the process of natural selection, I would have been labelled and conscripted to the rubbish bin of drug-reduced litter. America does not like children that are not regular and mainstream, she punishes such children with labels and free drugs! Anyway, I have never been regular and am not trying for it anytime soon. I however would love to do my 9 to 5 easier, without my imagination getting in my way!And yes! That's what I am calling the issue that I have!

Problem is, even without my imagination interfering, I am constantly distracted by a need to learn life. For a  few months now, I have been forced to face parts of my life that my mind repressed and hid beneath a whole load of rubble and so walking back through the bits and pieces has not been pretty and it makes me suddenly aware of how very authentic some of the mind-bending movies I have watched are in terms of descriptions of abilities of the mind over traumatic situations. You create your own new world if you know how to and if not, you dig a hole and hide the crappy stuff for a season. During periods of extreme stress however, the mind fractures and retrieves all of its gunk and sorts through them, deciding which to keep and which to discard. 

This is why my heart goes out to Jason Russell of the KONY 2012 video fame! It is still as yet unclear what is going on with him but I have read a statement saying his wife says he is suffering from exhaustion and dehydration which could predispose to psychosis-like interlude, trust me, I know! I also read with some trepidation, an angle to all this that makes me hope (for his sake) that Kony is truly not involved with witchcraft...(shudders....blood of Jesus!) http://nicktwinamatsiko.com/?p=156 It would certainly explain Jason's meltdown and should make us all even more worried about this character!

From primordial times, the seeming triumph of evil over good has been at the center of innumerable discussions and has even been used as the basis for some depraved behaviour in the name of religion or faith. Now, me, I dont do religion, I am only sure of my faith in God, every other I take with a pinch of salt which has earned me names from hard to cynical and everything in between but when you assess some of the reasons some of my compadres do some of the stuff they do in the name of religion, I am ok being cynical. If I am unaware of the standards that God wants me to attain, your shouting about eternal damnation is not likely to make me get it faster, so you best be nice so I dont knock out your front teeth!

Anyway, my rant is in aid of calling on who or whatever you believe in, to help this guy and if he has been bewitched (its been known to happen!) to call the God in whom your faith rests who usually has the ability to cause good to triumph over evil to turn the bewitchment on its end and return it on Kony's head who must dance naked in the marketplace to ensure his capture (that, too, has been known to happen!). My reasoning is, Jason is at a place where he is probably not as choosy about the God he wants to save him round about now and so will appreciate any offers. 

Being the convener of this prayer retreat therefore, I would like to go first (if you are not happy about that, go convene your own prayer retreat for him someplace else and go first there, same noni!) and since I believe in the One whose name is God, Almighty, omnipotent, scient and present One, I call to Him through the name of Jesus by whose blood I am made worthy and ask, Lord God Almighty, with whom is no variableness nor shadow of turning, would you help Jason Russell and heal his mind and cause him to receive again a sound mind and deliver him from every enchantment and return (if it be) every such back to where they originated from a million fold and cause their security to become insecure. Also Lord, grant everyone who will care for Jason to do the right thing and help him heal speedily to the glory and praise of your name. And the people of God say, AMEN!!!!!

Now, I realize that this may also truly be just the problem of just exhaustion and dehydration and maybe even the fragmenting of his mind as he tries to deal with all the trouble as he attempts to do a good thing which may have been misconstrued. Even if this is the case, the God we call upon can probably decipher that and cause a healing and return him to wholeness again. In any case, I thank anyone who will take the time to offer a prayer and ahead of time, I say a prayer for you, May the Lord raise you up a people in the day you require it, to make a prayer to their God for you and May He hear and answer and cause your life to not be the same again, in Jesus name, Amen!!!

Comments