NEWNESS

While I would like to write about what is on my mind, it is such that I am unable to share and so I veered off to think about what newness means. I wonder how people view newness. 

Being in America right now means that I am immersed in all of the seasons and traditions and all whatnots and so I am told its spring! That is if the beautiful buds did not tell me or the weather did not shake me awake or the innumerable allergies that everyone except me is dealing with (me,I be ajepako original!) had not already gotten it through my thick head that the new season is here. Now I know!

Newness suggests that the old is gone and that a beginning is truly here. The beginning thus presents the opportunity to do things differently to how they had hitherto been done. In very many aspects of life, newness is desirable. A new year, a new home, a new career, a new job, a new relationship, a new car. New things are associated with excitement and only in very few cases dread...a new class, a new life, a new you. 

The excitement usually overwhelms any concerns and makes one walk out in the face of as-yet unknown and uncharted pathways. This is why newness must be pursued. It challenges and drives one to seek and find very many things that one would otherwise not seek and we are the poorer for lack of these thrills. We must seek newness!

I desire newness, I crave it, I find that newness stimulates courage in me like nothing can. That eclectic mix of fear and excitement that is able to heighten the senses and prepare one like nothing else can and so I go into PREP mode. Ready for anything, everything even.....I know how sometimes you think you are ready and then find that you need some more time to prepare and I take this to be that time and when I look around at my resources, I should be ready. I seem to be the only factor that isnt constant. 

He is, she is, they are, she is, even they understand even if they do not agree and are prepared. All of them except me and not that I dont want to be ready, just that the unlearning process seems to be harder than I want to have to deal with but I have done harder things before and I only need to look my motivation in the face and off I go!

So, newness is my new motivation and even though I am rambling about it for the very reason that I need to be fully prepared for it, I am ready. Ready for all the newness life can bring and all the newness I can squeeze out of it. I have already been there and done that with new life and so this new newness is what I longed for, hoped for and need more than anything else!

Comments