PRIORITIZE

Definition- treat (something) as important, or determine the order for dealing with tasks according to their relative importance.

For me, to prioritize means to place things in their order of importance to ME. This is why what constitutes an emergency to someone else ( a student of mine for instance) may not necessarily translate to an emergency for me.

My daily goals are achieved based on a priority system that has worked for me for a long time and which is clear to all who know and work with me.

Outlining priorities has helped me over time to re-prioritize and I remember my shock when I had asked a friend, cos of the response I got- me, my ability to make a life, my family, and then anything else. What kind of priority list was that? I remember thinking and rapidly recalled my very flowery list-God, me, spouse, kids, family, friends, career, enemies...........hehehehehehehee!

I learnt from my friend oh! This is becos there can be no list without you and even the other things on the list depend on you being you, physically,spiritually, emotionally and in every other -ally (see?!).

I have since become more responsible with priorities (even though it does not appear so to you) and have revised the list accordingly. The enemies dont get a mention, why waste energy on them? Allow them fulfill their ministry, abeg! The me and God bits have been re-arranged according to revelation and the in-betweeners are rocking! The one thing that stands and always must is, my babies.

My children, they are priority, it does not matter what's ongoing or not, that matters to me only secondarily to my daughters. The needs of others have great relevance for me in the sense that I will do whatever is needful to help and to make myself available to help but that is if I am not placed in a situation that will make me choose over them.

That's my priority, my only one!

Comments