EUREKA!

Eureka! I've found it! What I want my blog to be about? I now know.

I have had a few friends stop by and ask what the theme is, that runs through my blog and today, it came to me! Its people! People! Yes! PEOPLE! I like people, who they are, how they are and what makes them how they are. Its the same reason I have so many friends in truly far flung places. I hardly ever give up on relationships/friendships. I collect people like some people collect stamps or some precious stuff. And I believe in the basic goodness of everyone. 

Of course I am not naive to think its true that everyone will yield to the goodness in them (Nasty is the 'easiest' thing to be!). I have had my fair share of huge disappointments and let-downs becos I trusted and believed (in) someone and they did not meet the expectation that I had of them (and I learnt something, anything!) but most times, I free people up to surprise me and usually, I am! Surprised that is! Whether pleasantly or not sha, I am not saying!

Funny thing is I am also the most skeptical/cynical of humans {?} among my friends! How do I do it? Combining wide-eyed belief and hope with high grade cynicism that gaurds my poor heart. I do not know but I never lack what ever it is I need in terms of disposition, I am always able to find it in someone, at just the right time!

I also just discovered that when I write, the most passionate of my writing (in my estimation) is when I write about people. I like people, really! And its easy, I have found that when you are expectant of the best, that is what you get. I am not writing about people today though. Just my blog focus or theme. 

I agree with a friend who explained to me that I had to have a 'theme' so as to improve my blogging. I was unaware I needed it cos I would write anyway, if I wasnt blogging. I have always written like I was possessed. So now that I know, I will be writing more about people and how I perceive them. 

I am sorely tempted to write about Aunty Ngor again, or our newly sentenced Thief-in-Residence across the river or even a certain somebody who would be thrilled to bits by it but no, not today!
Today is a self-discovery of sorts. One more thing I learnt from the one who thinks I am the teacher.

I am excited becos already, the wealth of material in my head is doing an #Occupy rally. I am also wary becos of the ability to misunderstand that writing about people can be. This is only becos, we know in part (here we go, preacher somebody!), but its true, we really do know in part and can only see people as we are rather than as they truly are. 

Yaaaay!I have a theme!! People!!! But wait oh! Does that mean I cant write about other stuff? I hope not oh! Cos I like to write about other stuff too, even though I still have a lot to learn in that regard, in every regard sef! I also like to write about food, life, the big G, motherhood, sex, veterinary practice, food, health, good food and places. Did I get it all? I hope so!Oh and food!

So let me make a demand of you who will read what I write. Bring some open-mindedness when you are coming. At the click of your button, wrest yourself of all the preconceived notions of people that you have and choose to look through my eyes at who ever it is I am writing about and be assured that I speak the truth becos I will. 



Comments