My Miracles....

Awoke at 4:38am (#@%@$@%^@!!!), no matter what time I sleep, I have this inner clock that's set to 4:00am and the struggle begins around that time for awareness while I keep pressing down on my inner snooze button! Anyway, that's not the story, so am up and saying hi to Naijans on the web and suddenly, I know there's a message the big G wants to pass across. Oh ! I need to start from the beginning!

Last night, I was in my room feeling very girlish, I started to sing and dance and it became an all out Praise Session, that ended with me on my face on the floor, before the One who sculpted me. I just felt very grateful for life, for hope, for opportunity and for great people. Dang! That's NOT the beginning, I need to really get the sequence of this story right!

Ok, not sure what started it but had been on Twitter with those adorable creatures from across the river and had enjoyed talking, clowning and just being among friends and at some point, had to leave work and retire to my bachellorette pad. They still didnt stop, they had me laughing, enjoying the pleasure of their warmth and of cos, our favorite person to pick on! It was so fun and is how I got to thinking about how life is immensely good when you have good friends and which was what started me on the praise road.

Are we all caught up now? Ok, so I make it to the bathroom and I get this crawly chilly feeling all over me that tells me the big G wants my attention and He begins to blow my mind about how its gonna be from here on out and as usual, I wont let Him talk becos I have an opinion about everything and eventually, He says, 'ok, ask what you will and be done! You kuku wont let me talk!' (Did I mention that He speaks to me in several languages? Some, I dont even understand, but never stops me knowing exactly what He meant!). 

So I start to ramble about my busy day and how I need to stop and get a fruit platter for Fooding Friday (less interestingly known as Block Change Party). What?! I am on a cooking hiatus! And knowing the bus schedule, I knew it would take a miracle for me to stop at the store and make it to work before 8:00am when the seminar I am obligated to attend every Friday will start. Even making it at 8:00am, would have been a miracle. I know, maybe not to you, but MY needs are simple! 

Okay, so I got to work at 7:30am! How? I just want to tell you what I learnt today. When you ask for something from the big G, stay open! He works truly in mysterious ways and there is just no second guessing Him! I got out on time & waited for the bus (as opposed to sprinting for it!). Got on and made the short ride to the store. I was in and out in about 10minutes and back at the bus-stop. A look at the tracking system on my phone convinced me a long wait for the next LSU bus was in order. Sigh! 

As I made my way to the bus-stop seats, I felt impressed upon to stand by the side of the road instead & since we were so in tune this morning (big G & I), I did. Less than 5minutes later, the city bus rolls by, I ask if it goes thru LSU and guy assured me it would, I got on and immediately start tracking the Vet School bus. Its some distance away, if this bus drops me off at the Student Union, I might be able to catch up to it.

I caught up to it by....(yes, you guessed!) sprinting the last 2minutes! I really should have lost more weight with all this sprinting for buses that I do! So,that's how He taught me this morning that I would be fine! I need not fear! All I need do is let Him know what I want and stay open! And of cos, my friends who make laughter a daily occurrence for me. Even that may not be much of a miracle to you but you probably do not know me is why.

I heard my senior sister describe me recently and I shuddered. She thinks I am moody to a fault. She understands that I do a lot of deep thinking to be able to be as knowledgeable as she feels I am but she thinks I am moodier than necessary and would be difficult to be around by others. That's a loving description of my moodiness! So to find precious people who actually keep me upbeat, is too  much of a miracle for me.

So, for my miracles in no particular order, @Ikhide, @the wordsmythe, @JustJoxy, thanks for connecting me back to life. We really do need to schedule a meet soon if I make it past the next couple of weeks without Joke making me commit hara-kiri with all those pictures of food! I think it would be truly great! These here are my miracles, in part....

Comments

  1. Aww, N! I'm so glad we are able to bring a bit of sunshine to your little corner of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do, girl, much more than you know,you do....

      Delete
  2. The pictures of food are to assuage my guilt at not updating my blog as often as I should.I also happen to be a pretty good cook if I may say so, but that is neither here nor there. Yay for big G, and yay for you. Thank you for counting us among your miracles...
    p.s Your effervescent self moody? Neva!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please do find other ways to assuage this guilt or better still,find somewhere to go and write the book rambling around in your head! As for my persona,amen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!