WORDS....

I have had to ponder on the inherent power of words in the past couple of days and how they affect us,all of us, but some, much more than others.

There are those to whom words mean everything and those to whom it means absolutely nothing. 

Then there are the in-betweeners, those for whom words can be a sleight of hand or a tool to subvert or divert. 

These ones are the master craftsmen, using words like the carpenter uses his hammer, banging away at a nail, driving it into the part where it will hold bits together so that a new unity is achieved. 

They are skilled like the scupltor, chipping away at a block of wood, till the image stands before you in its resplendent glory and you gasp in awe, blissfully unaware of every stroke that led to the wonder. 

I find that words have intrigued me for the longest time but recently, they have taken on more impact as I watched my words shape and build and I am awed at such energy.

I watched and waited and desired and I got the exact thing I knew I would, unaware that my words etched out the new reality,blissfully blaming another for my reality,when I shaped by my words, the world I dwell in.

This is the reason my literary persona is tedious, she takes words seriously and uses them to feed her dark side which then becomes her 'seen' person. But too late now, she is embraced and the twain are one.

Unapologetically, I claim my place as an in-betweener, and admit my use of words to affect and effect what I can and create a new reality bursting at the seams with adventure, torture and power.

These are my reasons for literary intentions, for writing, for reading, for speech, time and again. I use words to subvert, divert and to affect, effect and to impact.

Words move me...............

Comments

  1. Nice one! Words are powerful. We need to use them wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes dear! Once we admit our responsibility, our priviledge will be easier to enjoy. Thanks,always!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!