Just Judgement!

Sometimes when I swing round quickly, I imagine I see him. I imagine he is tall, very tall, has dark brown skin colour like mine and very very patient. He would have to be, to be assigned to me, at least that's what I think. 

I imagine I am exasperating on my good days and totally obnoxious and able to drive an angel up an electrified wall on bad days. He is able to cope though, with my idiosyncracies. 

There's the sleeping, (or should that be the not sleeping) idio.......(that word is way too long to keep repeating!). I meant my bad sleeping habits. I sleep only when I am tired and I am the only one who decides when that is. Its the reason my husband gets mad at times when I have the urge to discuss the benefits of re-arranging our guest room at 2am sometimes or some such non-emergency. 

For me, life is for living, sleep is for when you are tired and so you grab just enough to go on. There's more stuff to do, to experience, than waste so much time sleeping. He probably knows my routine well enough now to know that when I drop off, he has to work pretty quickly so that his tasks are finished before I snap awake again.

Then there's the food idio......(sebi you know the word) habit! While I like food and will ooh and aah over it, I only eat what I want! And that's not a lot (nobody is talking volume, waka pass!). I am adventurous with food when its familiar, if not, no can do, I am not adventurous with food, AT ALL! 

Recently, at a dinner party organized by & for my husband, I watched as plate after plate of delicious but Oriental looking food were piled on the table and shook my head as each plate landed because the probability that I would eat anything seemed to reduce with each new plate. I wanted to know who had planned the menu as I knew if it had been him, he had a case to answer by not making sure I would have a meal with all the stuff that I could see on the dinner table. Seconds later, he approached  me to say, MY meal was on the way and soon, it arrived, jollof rice,plain (in the midst of some serious fare) but just the thing for me! But I was talking about him, not me or my husband.  

Another thing he probably has had to deal with is, my lack of fear (in certain things) and I have a knack for picking the most unbelievable things to not fear. I recall an incident where I chose to drive head to head with a truck or what we popularly call trailer. I just needed the excitement, it was a dull day. I could imagine him shaking his head, popping some antacids and like my friend (before before) in that movie (Lethal Weapon) who says, 'I am too old for this %$#@', I almost felt him step into the trailer driver's space and stump on his brakes while I enjoyed the look of pure hate the driver gave me, while he wondered how I did not end up under his truck. High like no other! Do Not Try This Anywhere!

The times when it seemed I truly knew the right thing to say or do as I ministered to a person, I just laugh because if anyone knows me, they would know, its only listening to him that can make that happen. Like recently, stepping out of a meeting with a senior colleague of mine and about to walk away, I turn around and insist that I need to see his new car and how he needed to 'wash' it for me. A friend tagged along and this dear Prof, wondering how I found out about his new and as yet, undeclared and unwashed car, gives us money for drinks and takes us to his new Mercedes Benz jeep. My friend was shocked and kept asking how I knew. Well, if I knew, I would know! But I know its him. He's mischievous like that.....and I love it!

Who is he? My guardian angel! How do I know he's a he? Ah! If it had been a she, I know I wouldn't have a guardian angel by now( sorry, ladies, only the truth!). Women don't stand for that kinda @#$%! He strikes me as a heavenly being who has endured many centuries with very temperamental women and has known love or how else could he stand me? Also, he would have to be well versed in the law, as justifying some of the rules I have broken will take a Senior Advocate in Heaven. 

Anyway, this one is for My Guardian Angel. I don't see you but I know you are there.And I thank you! I wish I could write better and say its because I read in the scriptures that you have been destined to serve me (Hebrews 1:14), given charge over me (Psalms 91:11) but that's not my reason for this. Its knowing the pure terror of having the just judgement of a child that is so like you in character, you wish you had Superpowers to keep her safe. Wondering if Angels have children? I'd like my Guardian Angel's son to be hers........jessaying!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!