SAD JOY

In the depths of despair -Looking around for hope -My nightmare ends

I wanted gold -Would have made me glad -And I would have rejoiced

I settled for silver -Became obvious I tried -Almost but not enough

I reached for bronze -Moved far from my grasp -Would have screamed for even that

Its appropriate I got nothing -Maybe someone listens -To the shame of my lack of investment

When the child is led to earn -The youth is encouraged to train -The adult strives on merit

When its okay to work -And play is healthy -Sports is part of growth

Administration lacks favoritism -Selection allows all-comers -The best may well emerge therefrom

As a nation we will attend -Athletes in ALL sports  -As a nation we will compete

The glory will attend -Our efforts we will cheer -Our medals we will receive

Sad, sports did not escape -Mediocrity of the Clueless One -Joy,the world tells it like it is

Sad but joyous I am -He would have claimed  -I made it happen

Rubby, Doyin & Peshe -Singing discordant tunes -Feeding his delusions

Comments