Flash Fiction: Letter to my Husband's Lover

Hi,
I don't know your name, I would have used it. I found out about you just yesterday even though I had suspected for a long time. I just wanted to say hello and give you perspective. You see, I know about you and while I trust you would have liked us to be friends, it isn't likely it will happen. I know he told you I am horrid and mean but how else would you have overcome your reluctance?

Anyway, I am most definitely not writing so we can be friends, neither do I want to be enemies either. To be one or the other, there has to be some feeling and that is what I am writing to you about. I feel nothing for you,no animosity or love. Nothing. I realise that most women would feel some anger at you but me? I have never wasted good emotions, why start now?

I should feel sorry for you really but I can't find it in me to be that gracious. Why then am I writing this, I needed an outlet for tiredness & stringing words together usually helps is all & because I have lacked inspiration for a bit, I decided to use what I had. Not that I could not have written about some more palatable stuff but why not?

I imagine you have stopped by a couple of times before to try and gain insight into the kind of person I am and I am sure you probably went away with the wrong impression. See, the reason is because I am constantly evolving and while I am sure you have heard a lot about the intimate workings of my mind, I assure you, I am still quite capable of surprising even me!

Now you, I am sure you expect glowing tributes from me about you at this point (which is what some women may do, I have no such tendencies!) I have zero curiosity about you but I just could not resist the urge to write this when the tiny idea popped into my mind, so my take is as follows...

Physically, I would have loved you to be finer, you know, just a thought but I am sure somewhere in your mind, you are Miss World, but I doubt if your mirror (on the wall) agrees. Ma worry, beauty is in the eye of the beholden(?).

Morally, maybe we should not even go there, after all we are having this conversation. I imagine the Nigerian god (apologies Elnathan!) sees you and is blessing your hustle ni, who can blame you? My dear, not me, definitely not me!

Sweetheart (I can call you that, can't I? Seeing as we are practically bedmates, abi?) I just wonder if you know all the baggage that comes with this. Not to scare you or anything but hmmmn, I assure you, our issues plenty oh! But me, I will be taking a break, now that you are here to take over the post of serf and general messenger & exalted slave. Thanks for doing this, you hear?

I wonder how many people will read this and be mad at you, but they truly have no reason to be but you do know I can't be responsible for what every human does? You already know that now, because I definitely was not responsible for what you both did, no matter how much you try to convince yourself or he tries to confuse you.

I would have liked to end by saying 'thanks for your co-operation' but I don't want to give you the wrong idea. Three is very definitely a crowd and even for me, that's a stretch, so I'll just say, happy to miss you.......

Comments

  1. This reads like a letter from Mrs @Pastorbiodun to Ese Walter!! Seriously you should consider writing a book. The piece woven around your children and the tooth fairy drama is a class act.Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are too kind! Thanks for reading and commenting. I am so touched......

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!