Boredom part 1....


I am bored. It’s never good when I write when I am bored. Shucks! It’s never anything when I write, but I prefer writing when the feeling grips me, that feeling where I begin to imagine that maybe I know what it is I am speaking about, seconds before ‘the voices’ convince me otherwise. Me, I am not like that girl that hears voices & even named them demons oh! I only ‘form’ writer, I ain’t! I am a Vet. But not the American type, the veteran, no, I am a Veterinarian & have no plans to switch professions just yet.

But this boredom, it has no part 2. I worked like a machine today. For those of you who heard ‘meshine’ in your heads, you heard right! I worked like that today & God blessed my hustle & prospered my work & so it was easy to do. I enjoyed it and it (almost) felt like I had my mojo back but I am patient. I know these things take time.

I enjoyed the flutter of activity on Facebook early in the day & it made me laugh. People read things and start to imagine stuff (I so badly wanted to write stuffs buh, I have an English speaking friend like that & she will not be amused!). I wish I could draw the parallel for those who read & draw the wrong conclusions but it will involve breaking confidences that I cherish more than anything. But Big G & I had a convo about it and I just ….shook my head!

I have said times without number that anyone’s attempt at reading me may end up wrong because I daily surprise even myself but people never learn! They ALWAYS do that and end up with the wrong conclusions. Of course I know this because I have done exactly the same thing on occasion but I have this source that one may call ‘the sixth sense’ that sifts through BS and makes it easy for me to come back to earth gently so I do not float away on the strength of my assumptions.

Now there’s a parable if I ever heard one! You were wrong, you hear?! Had nothing to do with that and even though you’d like it to be, it is not ALL about you! I have tried to decipher where you got that from & I came to the conclusion that you have the sum total of my online presence to go on but what I say and what is, sometimes have absolutely nothing in common! I learnt the word for that in one movie I saw with my husband, the name eludes me right now.

Boredom is never good for writing in my opinion. It makes you want to create scenarios that do not exist and begin to ascribe super powers to ordinary people.

I really think a cinema in Ibadan would be a great idea! I like the cinema & will go even if the movie is not something I particularly like, for the ambience of the theatre & I have been lucky to go to some very good ones. My Ibadan can do with a good one! I truly think so!

I am probably at this loose end because I am too understanding and so mad am I that he chose to go without me because he could not understand my need to do the work when the feeling grips me. We will have words when he returns!

I will need to shut down my mind soon so as not to overdo things. I feel poorly physically and need to rest the carrier.  I do not worry needlessly, just that signs and ominous symptoms are never funny ni.

She says I write & leave her hanging & I love the way that sounds for all the wrong reasons but I will make an effort when I am not bored. For right now, I truly cannot. Even the boredom that inspired this post is so over & I am sleepy enough to crash in sleep….goodnight! You, of the very entertaining mind and eyes, yes! You!

Comments