THANKFULITY reloaded!


I am thankful and yes! I meant to say thankfulity! My lappie has it underlined in red to let me know that the word may be wrong, wrongly spelt or some such thing but it does justice to what I feel and wish you to understand from this. I ‘coined’ (and I use that term loosely) this class of words in a note on Facebook that I wrote some years ago to describe a level of gratefulness that transcends the ordinary. Read it here  https://www.facebook.com/notes/adenike-olatunji-akioye/gratefulity/151561900632.

So, English-speaking people, keep moving! I don’t need to hear it! And I don’t mean Nkem, she is English-speaking in a good way and has an amazing command of it so she can even talk, not all you ‘is & was’ speakers who murder it more often than I do and try to make others feel small, yes! You, keep moving!

I am thankful today for too many things and even though I am not American (I’m not?), I feel a right to be thankful and celebrate Thanksgiving. This time last year, it was Mayowa & I (mostly!) and Dr Siyanbola Omitoyin. I made him get a spread ready that scared even me when all was ready & we divvied up the responsibility & even made a competition of it & we had a blast…well, me, mostly! He has issues with having fun that I am unable to cure him of. Stop looking scandalized, I lie?!

So, as I was saying, I am thankful, on a thankfulity level because I am still here and I am well. Oh! Sure, there are things I would like to change and many things I’d like that are still in progress but I would be an ungrateful person if I did not say, I am blessed by so many things so much that I should tell you a tip of my very large iceberg…..

I am thankful that the evidence of a life-changing experience is not visible, if I do not tell you, you cannot know & that is most unlike as it usually is. I am thankful for this.
For opportunities beyond my intelligence and help beyond my influence, I am very thankful.
For length of days made possible by location and comfort in passing, I am very thankful.
For a turnaround to rival a Formula One driver round the course for my brother & hope of a lot more for him in the land of the living, I am thankful.

For strength to set new rules for a primal relationship so that advantage is not taken, I am thankful.
For lessons learned by habits hitherto unknown, I am thankful.
For all these and more, I am thankful…..

For a lot of people, the internet has been fraught with dangers, but I daresay for me, it’s been a journey of discovery of nuggets & even mother lodes that I sometimes have to pinch myself to be assured of reality. Classmates, schoolmates (Tiwa & Niyi-we nor be mates oh!), old friends, new friends, acquaintances, flames & fires….I have enjoyed interactions that have played a huge role in my continued sanity.

In my relationships, many years ago, I chose authenticity and I see the benefits all around me today & I am just thankful. The ability to show love, be kind, refrain from being judgemental, allow others the freedom that I demand & hold people to levels of accountability that allows them want to meet it. I know what imperfection is and so, I do not judge those who are, while I know what perfection is and constantly try for it by setting that example.

With children around me, I tend to be goofy & hope that they realise how very sensitive to them I am because of my very easy relationship with Big G. With my children, too blessed for words, knowing how unstructured I can be. That those two are the way they are is one of the Wonders of Big G….no one can convince me otherwise!

In spiritual matters, I happened upon a love so awesome, I daily fall short & am constantly elevated by what I see in His eyes. I know how undeserving I am, and don’t need any memos to know I am unable to explain why He would be so enamoured of me but it is what it is! Trying to make people see how wrong their estimation of Big G is moves me, knowing He allows me be & sometimes defers to me is awe-inspiring, I do not take that responsibility lightly. I know how many would like to get in my face & tell me how I daily fail and can be numbered among those ones…..all I can say is, wait for it! I am unable to meet your standards only because your standard is not His……

In ways too numerous to enumerate & because I do not want to provoke jealousy, I am blessed! It is why I am so thankful, I am!

This Thanksgiving, I stand to say Thank you to Him, her, you and you…..you are the sum of my reasons for Thankfulity!

Comments

  1. Love, love, love this and not just because you mentioned my name :D.

    And I'm thankful for you in my life. Love you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!