Agony Aunt says Live!

The rate at which women fall victim to bad relationships is under-reported I believe, but what is never even talked about is how women are taking charge of their relationships and choosing their own happiness. I ascribe all the success to the men in their lives, after all I am a woman and I know that if you love someone, you do all you can to protect them from anyone who can take advantage of them but men seem to do the opposite, constantly placing the women in their lives in the path of trouble and blaming them when something goes wrong.

So, calls to mind  this chick I know, she was so madly in love with her guy and to watch them together, you will think she does not exist at all for the guy. He hardly looks at her and even has this funny expression on his face when he has to condescend to speak to her. And the girl kept trying, sometimes, its painful to me to watch. This totally beautiful young woman was selling herself short in my opinion but this guy seemed to be 'it' for her & also appeared to be making her unhappy at the same time. 

Today, I heard the gist of how things turned out with them, turns out, the girl had to go someplace else within the country, Calabar to be precise, to work for a bit and while there, she meets this other guy who worships the ground she walks on, asking for the priviledge to be with her and generally treating her right. The girl resisted for the longest time and then slowly but surely (body no be wood abeg!), started to warm up to this new guy as she got only aggravation form her main guy (flashing, stalking,accusations). Before long, the new guy goes ahead and makes his move and before long, the guy becomes the main man and my dear girl composes a 'Dear John' letter and sends to the old guy.

I heard the old guy is going around making 'long distance relationship' noises and I am laughing hard. More like she started a relationship only when she was away from you, boss!If you love someone, you do what is needful to be their everything, you may not become it but at least they see you trying and love you for it. That sadistic mindset where you think you can make a woman feel like crap and then turn around and she will lie down and allow you walk all over her is so last century!

Sorry to be enjoying this guy's misery (not!), but am just tired of hearing these sad stories, its almost like some women think it is not a life except its lived in the shadow of some sorry ass (apologies to the horse family!). It is so not true girls! Listen, you rock! If he does not see it, it ain't your fault!You don't have to pay the price for his refusal to get with the programme. Live and enjoy it all the way!

I am not by this piece saying its always a guy's fault when it doesn't work out, am just saying that the number of women who wait on guys to get it right before they begin to live is astronomical. Guys get their groove on, whether there is a babe or  not, and while I am not saying its bad, just stop already!

Why am I playing Agony Aunt? I have no idea! Maybe someone has me believing I can make a difference by writing or I think I am well suited to give advice. I am convinced many ladies under-value their awesomeness and overvalue some random guys' worth and ability to fulfill their heart's desires and be their Prince. My dear, there is a Prince out there but he is only able to recognize the girl who is aware she is a Princess and girl, you are it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!