STRIKE.....or something like it! (Poetry)

I awake, tired. The thought of another day spent trying to motivate myself to do the work I am supposed to do drains me of mental energy. The work itself MUST be done for it is the ONLY way to go forward. I want to but I am tired of struggling.

The issues are multi-factorial, the problems gargantuan, accentuated by the enabling environment that just isn't there and the sadness that sometimes robs me of my self-drive. Why is all of this happening? Why now?

I am stellar. I know and have been told too often to doubt it. I am able to bring to bear energies to focus them and make change happen. I have seen it in animate & inanimate alike. Why then will this not answer to me?

My sight is a traitor! Looking around and seeing lazy less endowed idiotic people pissing away the wealth that should be used to make a difference for me, my ilk, my seed, all of us! Pissing it away while asking if their phallic presence is not glorious in its tumescence?

I love her. I do, but the inability to make her see my point of view depresses me making me withdrawn and causing further problems for us. I want to go back to simpler times when all I needed to do was click my fingers and she obeyed. Who is this stranger?

I love him but this unreasonable behaviour has got to stop! Things are not done this way and even if they are, this is not acceptable behaviour for us. Wondering who I am now? Take a clue from who I used to be and how fiercely I held onto YOUR dreams. Be assured I will not let mine go.

Health challenges cannot stop me, so you think despair will? Listen, listen closely, the sound you hear, that is the sound of the wings of my angel. He hasn't left so I still have a shoulder to lean on. I am NOT ALONE.

Ramblings from a desperate Nigerian.

Comments