SHINE BRIGHT

I have had a couple of very dark days….ok, months. 

It is symbolic that they end today. 

Even before I was aware I had dark days, I had them but I refused to acknowledge them. 

Everytime I thought of it, a heart sinking feeling, sick to the pit of my stomach acknowledged what I refused to face. 

But they are ended. 

Right before a friend called me out and wondered why I was somber and melancholic. 

I realized I was being ungrateful, unkind. 

I am alive. 

My imagination is active. 

My best years are ahead. 

Why then was I allowing this darkness rob me of all things beautiful? 

Because I truly have beautiful assets, family, friends, health, desires, aspirations and an unbeatable tenacity in the face of crazy odds.


So here’s a re-birth of sorts! 

Light, streaming all over every dark thing, changing the hue and while not refusing to acknowledge the hard bits, choosing to soldier on inspite of and despite all of that. 

I am happy, blissfully, deliriously happy because no matter what it is that lies beyond the horizon, its only command is to bless, enrich and empower me for the rest of my days. 

And yes, the pain is present but unfeelingness is not a choice I want at any time. 

That is for the dead and me? 

I am ALIVE!!!!

Comments