I AM A SCIENCE TEACHER

For the purpose of this blogpost, I am a Science Teacher. Indulge me, I will show relevance....

I wish someone would ask me what I think of lecturers. Hmmm....I would have a lot to say.

Like (trying very hard to be diplomatic) let's talk about how they dress. Some dress like farmers, others like peasants, and there are those who never seem to fit in their clothes. Either the clothes are over-sized or they are spilling out of them and no gender is spared.

But, let's not even 'judge a book by its cover'....they are supposedly eggheads, right? But spend time with some of them and discuss what is not in their immediate sphere of expertise, and you'll want to throw up! Such ignorance! Such bigotry! Who died and made these ones God?

Or why else would these 'people' ask one to forego the pleasures of life for a life of swotting....always, its 'you must study to make good grades'! Why? To become like you? And they always have a story (not funny at all, but you better double over and laugh!).

Imagine the sick sadistic things some of them do also...lectures at inconvenient times, those marks they 'give' you, the tests when they are having a bad day and errands that make no sense. Lecturers are the eish!

Never mind those ones who dress well and inspire admiring glances and nods in unspeakable places, they are teachers.

Or the ones who know their material, are up to date about current knowledge in their field and then seem to actually know something about other things unrelated to their work. Strange people, those ones....

They are the ones who seem to always have a listening ear, never shouting or throwing tantrums and willing to help the swarming population that are the reason they have jobs. Call those ones teachers....

Erm.....by the way, no one asked what I think of lecturers, right? So, no one can say this is me dissing those self-less (read self-righteous) serfs (read opinionated) who make the education (read mis-education/ robotification) of your children their life's work (read daily bread) or can anyone?

I am hopeful that the people in charge of employment and appraisals at my work place do not read anything as boring as my blog but just in case.....

I assume y'all know that my employers are all Teachers, Science and Art Teachers....none are lecturers oh! *wraps oversize dress around her as she waddles into class to give an unannounced test, cackling like a witch*

Today is a good day.

Comments

  1. Hmmmmmm, I can definitely relate to this. Teachers and lecturers.... *rollingmybigeyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nike, I am a teacher and not a lecturer.... just so we are clear! ..... A lovely and well written piece. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mz Anonymous (forgive my assumptions), thanks for always being sooo kind!

      Delete
  3. How much you seem to loathe being lecturer.

    So much for the awful picture of a lecturer as painted in your piece today; one still wonders if University Teachers' can teach all the way and still cover the required grounds without any bit of lecturing.

    The truth is, that geniuses cannot teach others what they know. Intact they know more than they were taught and therefore are in a way disable to give what they did not receive. I have heard many complain about the teachings by first class graduates and confirmed geniuses in their fields.

    And maybe because they are so high up there, many are just too busy to wear trim dresses and have their hairs combed and oiled. For them, there are more answers to find to the world's problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! This is satirical...pokes more fun at the students than lecturers....I lurve being a lecturer! Sadly, I do not qualify for the 'genius' title...and anyone can find time to look good, some just choose not to and they still haven't found the answers to the world's problems! Thanks for reading & commenting! Muahugs!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!