9 Things About Our Mobolade....

1.   She was born in answer to a 100meter dash of prayer- when praying for Morenike, it took years and years (which I thus consider a marathon) but for Mobolade, I became ready only after enjoying Morenike for about 3years and when I travelled to be with Le hubby, I was hoping to be pregnant upon return. I stayed 3months at the time and returned 3months pregnant!

2. Her birth was too easy- I remember calling up my husband’s friend at around 9pm to say I suspected I was in labour and could he tell his neighbourhood gaurds not to lock their neighbourhood gate and he just showed up a short while later. I was calm, and I kept telling the nurses what to do. Eventually when she came, I was on the phone with her father and even those attending me were shocked.

3.  She is said to be like me in character or nature- many who meet her for the first time say she looks like me but this is heavily contested. What is not in doubt though is that she is feisty and sharp-mouthed and this is said to be a trait she gets from me….hmmmm, I wonder.

4.She is an oracle-permit me to shed more light. She is pure in heart and before she gets angry, you really have to try hard to upset her. There was a time I would actually sit and wait for her insight into some things because she just spoke very clearly about what the real issues were. Nowadays, not so much as I am aware that I listened too much for God to speak through her and I do not want her gift corrupted.

5. She swims like a fish! She started learning to swim at age 4 when her sister also first expressed a desire to learn. She was totally devoid of fear and would walk up to the edge of the pool and just plunk in. I remember my consternation when once I took her swimming and she got on the slide and we all just heard a splash as she jumped in the deep end and calmly swam to the end of the pool. I am now searching for a coach for her cos, yes! She is that good!

6. She loves family and friends to bits. She is happiest when she has family around her and will dole out hugs as fast as they can be received. She is usually happy to hug and kiss strangers that she thinks are nice and if Mobolade thinks you are not nice, there really is nowhere you can be considered nice.

7. She struggled with reading but is now a voracious reader. Her reading was hampered by a difficulty in learning to spell but we seem to have overcome that now and she is doing so much better and even though she reads better, her real forte is singing along to her numerous famous artiste crushes…I think she has one every 5minutes!

8.  She is a picky eater and will go without food if she doesn’t like what is on offer. We always go through phases where something or the other is her favourite in the whole wide world! Right now, its beans and amala. Sigh!

9. She loves National Geographic channel on television and will watch some stuff that I consider grotesque! As such, she is such a wealth of information! On our recent holiday, she was able to tell me (the Vet!) so much about some of the animals and sea creatures we saw....

She is 9 today and I am sooooooo very grateful for this awesome ball of cuteness that I got gifted with. She loves unconditionally, gives of herself so lovingly and is rich towards all……

Mobolade Toluwanimi ModupeoreOluwa......Happy birthday Sugar!!!

Comments