2015...

I have not written a blog post in a while. Not for want of material but the stuff that has been ongoing is highly subject to misinterpretation. Actually, I have written quite a bit longhand but after reading over, decided it was not worth the hassle to post what I had written. 

2015 is being good to me but that may be because it is yet to start really. This week, my year ends and another begins and usually this is reason for a lot of introspection. Luckily, I have done mostly that for a couple of months now, so I may yet get away with little or at least not enough to depress me. 

I have enjoyed social media use without the irritating noise in my ear and have lived, really lived for the past couple of months. I am the first to admit how many things have suffered but I am aware its a transition period is all. 

I am under no illusions as to what I can or cannot do and I merely choose to enjoy life to the best of my ability. It is gratifying that some people think I am all that and a keg of palmwine and I am eternally grateful to all who either by presence or absence have made my life that much nicer.

I look forward with hope, convinced that like Nigeria, my best days are ahead and needless to say, I will enjoy them...

I acknowledge the pain and modifications I have had and recognise that they may impact upon the future but only to the extent that I let them and so, I say, 'out of my way, you inhibitions learnt from subjugation! This girl was born free!'

So, welcome to life, Adenike....welcome back to life!

Comments