Happy Birthday you!

I imagine that you woke up and remembered it was your birthday. You smiled at the thought that you would have a pain-free one. I see you run excitedly over to mum to ask what plans she had made for your day and how you hope you would get all you wished for. I imagine she smiled and turned to Aunty mi and said she was not going to stress herself because you should know that she was not into getting you luxuries for your day. That is what Aunties are for. I imagine Aunty mi assuring you of a good gift.

I imagine you woke up and tried to dodge taking a bath, drowning yourself in some expensive perfume or the other.I imagine you picking out an outfit that was manageable out of your pile of dirty clothes. I imagine you shirking the nutritious breakfast for some sweet tasting fare. Maybe some Milo overloaded with Sugar. I imagine you immediately opening your laptop to see how many Facebook wishes you had received.

I call out to the girls its time to sing you the birthday song. I am wondering why they are looking at me funny. I know you never missed singing them the birthday song on their days. Did not matter where they were. You did that. You also bought them gifts on their days. They loved you for that. I saw Mo v1 wearing the Chelsea jersey you had given her on her 7th a few days ago. It reminded me of you so much, I hugged her just to get a feel of you.

I imagine you with a group of your friends later on, having a rousing party with you trying to be the life of the party as usual. I have trouble with imagining this part because I never saw a lot of it but I guessed at it. I imagine there were lovely things to eat and drink. With Mummy and Aunty mi, I think you would be spoilt for choice. I imagine a lot of dancing went on to your kind of music. I imagine you got great gifts and when you saw how many Facebook wishes, you were so happy.

I imagine that you are having a blast in heaven because when I went by your grave yesterday, the wind whispered comfort and peace....
Keep resting Adefolarin.....



Comments

  1. It's a year already...life...and time are eager mates! They skip through! They can't afford dull moments...they have names to live up to! It is well Adenike

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has taught us to KNOW.....It is Well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!