SEVEN SCRIPTURES....

I have been seeing a scripture challenge going round on Facebook, but no-one has thought to challenge me to do it YET. It may be they think I do not read scripture or that mine may do nothing for them. In all, it says a lot about all of you I am friends with on social media. But I have never let small things like that stand in the way of my greatness, so, here are my seven favorite scriptures in one fell swoop. Try not to be overwhelmed by their deepness and grandness. I am awesome like that innit?

1. Without a doubt, the favoritest scripture for me has to be Psalms 121. The entire psalm. It appeals to soooo much in me. Lifting your eyes does not entail any physical exertion and it says to the hills, not mountains..so, you don’t even have to look too far up. The description of the One you look to is also astounding. Maker of heaven & earth. Never sleeps nor slumbers…*shivers* The Ultimate Bad (you know I mean good, right?!) Guy. The Big G Himself. Reading through this Psalm ALWAYS calms me. Its like, where is the thing coming from & what is it?! Love love laveet!

2.  Isaiah 43: 1-4. This scripture is so reassuring for someone like me who has very grandiose dreams and plans like being able to loan money to a country. It is consistent that a whole country be given up for me. Plus in verse 4, it talks in past tense of what value I have to Him. iLove!

3. 2 Chronicles 14:11. This scripture assures me that whether I have strength or not, God is up to the task of my deliverance. Even if I decide to take on a battle that is many times my size, He will rise up and save me. Highly reassuring for me….almost like you go and get in a battle and run to dodge behind His back, doing ntorr to your enemy from behind Him. Very up my street!


4.  Luke 1:45. One of the few Bible verses that is directed at the female in particular (men are quite free to borrow & apply to themselves if they like it). I just am very enamored of this verse of scripture that essentially promises everything (you don’t want to know how many times I have laid that scripture before Big G as exhibit A). And did I mention that I am not abrogating any man status to myself in claiming this. I use as is…

5. 2 Pet 1:3. This verse of scripture says I have everything that pertains to life and godliness. Wow! Just Wow! And then it goes on to say this is done through the knowledge of His glory & excellence. It just means if I am in agreement with Him, I have every every that I need…I am always encouraged by this scripture because it makes me understand that it isn’t by what I do. It is a lot simpler than doing, it is being. So, if I just be….#dazall!

6. Leviticus 26:1-13. Maybe because I like terms to be well defined, I so love this scripture. It spells out what contract God likes to sign with those He calls His own. Yes! I know, it is so Old Testament but I find that studying the Old helps me to truly understand the grace in the New. It is such a very robust contract and it requires very little to be able to obtain so much. And in verse 13, I am even more encouraged by the picture painted for my imagination. Mayhaps cos I was raised on a farm, the seasons during which I am provided for by simply obeying are enlightening. It suggests that I will not finish one salary before I get another...

7. Psalms 14:1. This is such a very relevant reminder for me. Only a fool would say ‘in his heart’ that there is no God, and I am unable to understand such. I pride myself on my open mindedness and tolerance because I am aware of the power that the One I believe wields and so I do not join issues with anyone who wants to proclaim their beliefs which may be contrary to mine. I however know that in one way or another, an acknowledgement of a Supreme Being resides in very many hearts even those who would not be willing or able to declare same. It is therefore instructive that anyone would say ‘in his heart’ that there is no God. I have not attained such foolishness and this verse serves to remind me never to aspire to.

When I started this blog post, I had only the first verse very clearly but as I wrote, I became almost inundated by the different verses that have helped me at very strategic times through my ten seconds since I came to earth. The Holy Spirit truly brings to our remembrance what we need if we do need it. It’s been a very exhilarating experience and it challenges me to do more bible reading again.


As for those of you who have done this challenge on Facebook and did not think to challenge me, well, I challenge you! Life is too short to be waiting on others to give you permission to be.  Just be.

Comments


  1. Absolutely loved it. Used to read your blog way back when. But then you stopped writing (or went off FB?) Came here from FIN. I love the way you write. Sendings blessings to the 'she' who encouraged you to start your blog. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you so much for your kind words. And from FIN! Ah! Bless! I did have a difficult 2014 & the words were too hard to share but I am having an easier time now. Thanks for reading & commenting! Muahugs!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!