Today in Court....

Its my first post of the year.
Usually, I do the post in February, but the inspiration did not arrive on time.
Today, it did.

Blissfully happy, sated with the rain and smells & a deep sense of gratitude for my circumstances. And half worried about Lil Miss' exam later today. Not about her doing well, just....worried cos that is what parents do. She has had a long preparation and been blessed by prayers and affirmation. Enough that I know only the best will happen.
So, all of this were the mix that gave inspiration....

Today in court,
The jury was me. Same as accuser and defense counsel.
I looked me in the face and agreed, I was wrong.
The power I gave over was my fault.
But the reason never was.

That was why it was easy to take back and move on.
The questions asked were comical.
At some point, I asked, seriously?
To which the judge SHH.....
Yes, the judge was amused at my response.
I answered quickly for I knew about being held in contempt.
I wanted none of that.

I talked of the burden of proof and how easy it can be misconstrued.
When time came for cross examination, I knew what to highlight.
There was no denying the imbalance but we humoured me.
As soon as I was done, the judge rushed to speak.

The flailing evidence that needed emphasis were laid out.
The jury were being enabled like no man's business.
I saw where it was heading.
As accuser and defendant, it could only go one way.
It did.

Happy! That was the verdict. Free to be.
I knew it!
Whoop! *boxes the air*
I WAS born free!
And again, I AM!

Comments