CONVERSATIONS (1)


AJ: what do you want?
Me: Why? Did He say you should ask me? Do I sound unsure?

AJ: Just answer me. What do you want?
Me: I waaannnt……..*snores*

Following morning……

AJ: er, so, you didn’t answer yesterday. What do you want?
Me: You know na…An easier life, the man of my dreams…

AJ: interrupts…..er, I am not taking those to Him. You know what He can be like.
Me: ehn ehn! Ya subbing your boss?

AJ: No! (with an eyeroll) you know what I mean. All those blanket type requests do is make Him ask me to do the exercise with you. You know, so stop wasting both our time please.
Me: Ehn, so what are you saying? An easier life is not specific enough for you?

AJ: Not even by a kilometer! You! Easier life? When someone will think that means one thing, you will start complaining ten seconds into whatever I deliver. No, please, be specific. I’m tired.
Me: How is it you are grumpy? Ain’t angels supposed to be….erm, at least, angelic.

AJ: Please, I am not in the mood for your cross examination today. Kindly tell me specifically, what do you want?
Me: Well, thing is, I asked already and when He thinks I am getting ahead of myself is when He does this. So, help me ask Him, is it fair?

AJ: rolling on the floor…..laughing. So, let me get you. Adenike, is it that you want to be last of your name?! You expect me, Angel Jamiu, to go to the Most High in response to His question to you and tell Him that you responded with a question and that the question is ‘is it fair’? You don’t like me. I’ve always suspected. Now, I have confirmation.
Me: But, kini big deal?

AJ: Kini yen noni…..where do you think I can get a job like this one, this side of eternity, please point me in that direction. Because its obvious you have a new job lined up for my sorry angelic ass. *flops down*

Me: but can a girl not seek clarification ni? You know He already knows what I want and you and I know what this is in aid of. So, I am not playing this game that He seems to like playing every now and then asking me what I want knowing fully well what I want.

AJ: sighs and raises hands in exasperation. I must have done something bad sometime in this century or why I was assigned to you is beyond me.  I do all the right things. I avert my face when you’re naked, I close my eyes when you watch…..

Me: Hey! Stop right there! Watch what?! Tell me, watch what?! Its like you want me to tell Big G how you encourage me to speed when driving abi?! Telling me, ‘I gat you, just a little faster’ till everybody now thinks I do that racing thing for myself, not knowing I was assigned an angel who loves speed & is an adrenaline junkie? Continue…..don’t goan deliver my response.

AJ: why are you like this, Adenike?
Me: Like how?

AJ: Like this! Giving me grief….
Me: kilzes! Deliver my message….ask Him, is it fair?

AJ: Okay, I will. But this is the last time you both will do this thing….
Me: interrupts….oh! You’re omniscient now?

AJ: Please! Don’t even joke about that! Of course I ain’t.

Me: So, go….until the next time.

AJ is code for Angel Jamiu, my personal guardian Angel. I have yet to 'see' him but I do not doubt that he exists. I know because I hear him curse when I do stuff that he has to save me from by a hair's breath (which is often!). He curses under his breath and sometimes makes me laugh at the wrong times creating the impression that I am not always sane but what he lacks in tact, he more than makes up for by saving me too many times and even running errands like providing the same service for my loved ones that he does for me. And I am absolutely smitten by him....but don't tell him that part.

Comments