Conversations with BigG.....


Sometimes, I remember I have a blog and I feel strongly about something enough to write about it. 

It usually does not happen till around February when I am taking stock of my year and how it went as I prepare for a new one. Sometimes, I am forced to evaluate my life generally (like now).

So, yesterday, I remembered and went in search of my blogpost about. conversation with BigG. 

Reason being we had had a very interesting talk and He made me feel so loved as usual and I was overflowing with my love quota. My Padi mi also did her bit, as did the dota. 

Anyway, I stayed up till late and we talked and talked and I decided to share.

In case you are new to my blog and writing, I am unapologetically exhibitionist and private. A huge mixed bag of contradictions and so, try not to be too bothered if you feel some typa way about how I write. 

The other part is that I am English-challenged. I may speak English at some point but it deteriorates depending on how emotional or excited I feel. So, please try not to be upset with me. 

I have tried to write like we speak one after the other for you but it hardly ever is that way. It mostly is me talking, Him, trying to get a word in edgewise and sometimes, we are both talking and responding at the same time. 

So here is the gist of our talk.....

N: Good morning my love, I love you. I hope you know how much I am in love with you.
Big G: Nike, I am all-knowing. I love you too! How would you feel if I tell you every time, how much I truly, really, honestly love you?
N: But you do! Every second of every minute of every day! I am assured of your love. It’s one of the certainties of my life.
BigG: Again, need I remind you?
N: You are omniscient! I know! Anyway, e kaaro, Olufe okan mi.
BigG: I don’t know how to tell you this but I love when you do that.
N: It is why I do it! After all, I cannot splurge healing and health or answer to prayer on you but I CAN praise you!
BigG: And you do! It’s very lovely how you go about it. The continuity and the fervency.
N: Thanks for acknowledging. I have been wanting to write of you but you kuku know my challenge.
BigG: I do. You constantly judge yourself and come up short & I always tell you that I am the righteous judge and I deal in love.
N: Yeah but ya not Nigerian, female and a divorcee. Those are the worst statistics to be in this life.
BigG: I know worse things but I get your point. And I am amused cos you have never much cared what ANYONE thought.
N: Well, I think of the girls nowadays and do not wish to be the reason anyone is mean to them. 
BigG: And who would dare? Knowing they have you for a defender.
N: You know version 1 came home recently and was lamenting about how some people do not have sense & how they were not supporting a certain female for a position in her Faculty. I was very shook!
BigG: And why should you be? She marshaled strong reasons and you seemed to agree with her.
N: Yes, but I immediately see how she will find it hard relating as people will judge her for those views. She is very mild mannered unlike me. People found it easy to judge me cos I am perceived as rude anyway.
BigG: (laughing) Ah! What parenting does ehn?
N: But why are you laughing na? I did not say its true na.
BigG: Ah! No oh! You didn’t have to.
N: Isnor good oh!
N: anyway, how far?
BigG: With?
N: Er, Omniscient, you already know. Please lez nor do deez.
BigG: And learned child of God knows the drill. Ask and you will receive ni Oluwa re wi….
N: Ahn ahn! You know, I’ve asked and now, ya jus playing with me!
BigG: You are a cheeky child.
N: ehn, we been knew na. Jus come through for your girl.
BigG: I know you already know I will do whatever I say I will do.
N: ehn, but….
BigG: Nike, je kin soro. You need not worry. Whatsoever I have told you shall be accurately fulfilled, in season.
N: Season yen no ni nkan bayi….
BigG: Were you asking me a question?
N: Haba! No oh! Just that it’s time for the season ni o
BigG: your arm twisting techniques are hilarious.
N: Just allow them work is all I ask.
BigG: You will have everything you desire…
N: Yaaaay!!!
BigG: …..in season.
N: Ah! Daddy why na?
BigG: You want it out of season?
N: But times and seasons are yours na.
BigG: Stop trying to get your way.
N: okay. I know you are a faithful God. I will await what you will do when ya ready.
BigG: You will get all you need.
N: Amen. Hafar with this war gist na?
BigG: what war gist?
N: Omini…..you know na!
BigG: You this chipmunk! I am amused you think there will be a war. When you know how lily-livered your guy is.
N: lily-livered folks are usually the reason for wars. Because they come with humongous egos.
BigG: do not even worry AT ALL!
N: yaaay! So I can go ahead with my holiday plans?
BigG: I see you on the beach having a swell time.
N: and him? You’re not mad?
BigG: you want me to quote scripture to you? Before you were formed, I knew you!
N: Ah! Kilode? Kilagbe?
BigG: na you cause am oh!
N: Knew loun loun…..please lez change topic!
BigG: Your angel reports you are stressed.
N: yes, Dad, I am. So much to tell you and I know the process of putting into words is important but I’m not ready.
BigG: whenever you are.
N: I know, thank you. The way and manner some of this went down is really surprising.
BigG: You do know to not attempt to accept full responsibility for it all?
N: I try and I get that I should not but the truth is I sometimes fail.
BigG: Babygirl, you should know you are just one. And you can’t do it all. Pray when you can & ask for what you need to make this better.
N: Yes, I will. Thank you for always validating what I know to be right.
BigG: you rawk. You been knew!
N: smiles (stretches and gets out of bed) Reaches for phone to start looking at what the children of anger are talking about on Twitter!

 Yes oh! Twitter is by far my favourite app nowadays! 
It rawks! And suits me to a tee!

Larer!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!