How was Valentine's?

 So, I need to know, how was Valentine's? 

You know, that day dedicated to love and in which public display of affection is a sign of true love. 

I chose to be my own Valentine this year as I was tired of giving instructions that are ignored. 

So, when the lover started trying to insert himself into my Valentine's, I told him, 'sorry, application has closed'. 

He was a sport and faced front.

I had plans having been invited to a private party and I was looking forward gan ni. 

Problem was, my Mostest (for those who are unfamiliar, that is Mo version 2.0) who had come home for my birthday was reluctant to return to school so I was waiting for her. 

My party was for 5pm but when I went to see if my Madam had finished packing, I saw her rearranging her entire wardrobe and my Valentine party dream dimmed a little. 

When she said, 'you can go, I will call you when I am ready', I knew what prisoners on death row granted clemency felt like. 

I was dressed and out the door in under 10mins. 

I imagined if I did not attend this party for which I shenked the lover, I could not live down the shame so off I went. 

I arrived and no sooner, a steaming plate of goat peppersoup was placed before me. 

As I was doing it justice, a platter of grilled chicken was placed within reach of my greedy fingers. 

I immediately realised I was carnivorous and I don't hunt in packs. 

If anyone wanted some, they better ask the host for theirs. 

This strategically placed one was mine! 

As I devoured the peppersoup, I kept an eye on the chicken. 

At some point, the host came for the platter of chicken that had my name on it and I died a little. 

But she returned almost immediately with a new platter and this one was not covered by that elitist clingfilm so, easy access! 

I sprang into action having made shortwork of the peppersoup. 

In the twinkle of an eye, I demolished 2pieces of chicken and drank water and could now see clearly. 

I greeted my fellow  guests and settled into the lovely ambience. 

Moments later, I remembered my Madam still at home when she was permitted to stay only until evening and called to check if she was ready. 

A little while later, I called her enforcer & told her she had 10mins to be ready and waiting outside. 

In the meantime, I enjoyed good-natured ribbing among great friends. 

I watched as some danced and joined at some point. 

Soon, too soon, I had to leave and as I made to do so, my host said to wait for some fish. 

Barbecued fish. 

Chai! 

Valentine iyaf do jor! 

I collected it and bounced. 

Picked my baby and deposited her in school.

 I drove back wondering what he was doing and hoping he did as he was told. 

In all, I had a good one, having taken back the power over the day and any disappointment I may have had to deal with. 

So, tell me, how was your Valentine's?

Comments