My Spa day

I just had the absolute fabbest experience! 

You know I turned 50 in February and got many beautiful gifts. One of the loveliest of them was a voucher for a spa day. Gifted me by the fabulous ladies of my Class of 88 FGCJos. 




It was at a spa located in Lagos and actually on the island and valid till August 2021. 

If you know me, you probably already know that Lagos stresses me out. When I am to visit, I become despondent and listless because I know that is how I will be by the time Lagos is done with me. 

Anyway, that was how it was until the train! Yes, the train that runs from Ibadan to Lagos at 8am and returns by 4pm! I now don’t mind too much.

Going to Lagos is no longer so hard. Since the train launched, I've taken it a couple of times to see my cousin, just allow my ladies experience it and this one time, to celebrate the 50th birthday of one of us, the ladies of class of 88 FGCJos.

Okay, I should talk of Joke. Classmate from secondary school and awesome human. So loving, kind and always frank. 


When I realized her birthday was mid-week, I wanted to be there but she lives on the Island and Lagos trafeeq is not for the fainthearted! Then I remembered my spa voucher gift and thought, why not go to Joke’s party, stay on the Island and go enjoy my spa day the next day and return in time to take the train back home? 

Sounds like a plan! The bestest plan!

Joke’s party was so beautiful! So many people said the nicest things about her and was so very nice cos they were true! 




And I had bragging rights cos most of those who attended physically were people who had known her for 3, 6, 14 years. Only one person trumped us girls who had known her for 40 years and it was her brother-in-law who had grown up in the same neighbourhood with  her. He dropped in via video. 

We came a close second with a relationship that spanned 39years! 




It was such a beautiful party with prayers, food and drinks and very very good gospel music by a band and the MC of laive! 




Our own Dr Sola Adeoye who did a superlative job as MC. 



And the icing on the cake (there were so many cakes!)was when everyone had left and it remained just us girls and we danced and sat down to gist and we just talked and talked about the goodness of God in our lives. We were at it till after 9pm and then we dispersed. 


I was staying at a friend’s and we did Round 2 of the talking after we got to hers. We continued again in the morning and I had an appointment at the spa for 9am.

I arrived there at a few minutes to 9 and I had already been told it is a two hour appointment so I was prepared. 



The grounds of the spa are so green and lush and water fountains are  everywhere. I could feel my body luxuriating in the opulence even before I had changed out of my clothes into the bathrobe and slippers I was handed by Nika, my Indonesian masseuse. 



I only asked her name after the experience and when she told me it, I laughed and she looked at me in confusion and I explained that my name was Nike. Nika, Nike…..

The session was so good! And made even better that Nika kept complimenting me. She kept saying, 'skin so smooth' and she worked hard to make it smoother. 




The package I got was FIT FOR A QUEEN and it truly was! 




I was asked to lie on my chest while Nika discovered all my muscles individually and realigned my joints. I was enjoying it so much that she had to ask if I was okay. I think I was so pliable that she needed to be sure I had not passed on. 



The oils, the music, the scents and the strong hand movements! 

Followed by a scrub, more scents and even more hand movements. 

I had to flip over a couple of times and each time, I grumbled cos I was enjoying the former position so much. 

After like an hour plus of that, it was time to go into the steamer. I had experienced the sauna in South Africa but the steamer was better. 

Way better. 

It was followed by a shower with a natural sponge that I very much enjoyed! 

I was then creamed down like omo kekere jojolo…..see, this is the kind of life I was made for! 

Igbadun fit me die! 

As I type, I am awed at how silky smooth my skin feels and how my entire body is relishing the experience. I intend to keep having this experience sha cos I am deserving of such things. I went on to have breakfast, buying bits and pieces for the daughter at the mall and making my way back home. 

Sigh! 

I need a rich Prince to come and whisk me away to a life of enjoyment somewhere exotic!

Thank you my ladies! 

A girl cannot ask for better companions with whom to do life. 

You have consistently showed me the stuff you are made of and I am so thankful for every single one of you.

Peju

Joke

Chundung

Sola 

Eka

Biola

Kemi

Joyce

Nkem

Ugochi

Sade

Bisi

Dilys

Ogotuga

Nwando

Mariam 

Christiana

and it appears the last & most ................ 💓Hauwa!

I am so thankful for you! 🙏


Comments

  1. Always a joy to read your stories. You're a great writer. Wole Soyinka hasn't got anything on you o. Yes! I am that biased. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Na wah o...os this how nice it is to be 50? Okay....cant wait....am glad to hear you got the Pampering Fit For A Queen....thoughtful gift from your Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Saunas rule. I’m in!   saunajournal.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!