2023- Of men, lies and overcoming!

 

In a bid to write a second blogpost in 2023, I am doing my review in writing.

This year, I have learned so very much!

I came to a realization of my naivete, as savvy and cynical as I thought I was, I discovered I am not aware of how much evil exists in the world.

It shocked me, threw me for six (vestiges of hanging around cricketers) and opened my head to how very different humans can be!

I did not really have a thing for humans before now(duh!), but I was trying and then, boom!

The worst came on my horizon and decided to interact with me.

I have tried to move past a lot that happened and my way is always to take the lessons and use them to improve my person (which I have succeeded in doing) and then to ensure that going forward, opportunity never presents itself ever again.

I came in contact with egotistical nonsense masquerading as authority.

I came in contact with pure evil which had over the years shown me its wickedness but I never truly understood how much till the manifestation this year.

I came in contact with incompetence that had taken on a toga of superiority and was willing and able to do whatever to make a point.

I came in contact with the horde who joined the fray for no other reason than that they had grouses I am certain they can never share cos they do not hold water.

Ah! I was thoroughly battered but guess who is still here?!

Yup!

AdeNike is.

And she is Kinging like no other!

Never mind the emotional whirlwinds that make me realize how deeply I hold some dear.

On Monday, I'd come awake and refrained from sharing my usual #HappyMonday on my WhatsApp status which heralds my work week and helps me look forward to a beautiful work week.

I was like a bear with a sore head and could not figure out why.

After snapping at two people unfairly, I decided to lock myself in my office as a sort of quarantine.

Sadly, I got called to see a case.

I should not be first responder and might have made a big deal of that if not for my resolve to not chew anyone’s head off seeing as I was undergoing some internal turmoil that I was having a hard time decoding.

I instead chose to use that case to dissipate all the negative energy.

So, I went at it and also spent time doing some reading before I took off for home to my flat/enclave.

On getting home, I went straight to bed and it was there my Lil Miss texted to check in and the floodgates opened!

I missed my Dad!

THAT was the issue.

Around this time, we would be in constant touch, getting ready to spend a few days together but….but……

I asked my daughter how she was and she said 'fine' and 'how are you?' and I started bawling like I don’t even know.

I texted that I was having a hard day and she said sorry, told her I missed my Dad and her and she signed off after trying to cheer me up.

Barely 2minutes later, her senior sister who checks in far more also called to check up on me.

I felt wrapped in love and better and soon drifted to sleep.

Aside my Dad, my only sibling’s choices also rankle.

I tweeted/posted about it a week before and I have tried to be considerate and kind is why I have not shared further thoughts.

2023 was hard but so good!

There are things I could never have imagined could happen that did, shocked me and I survived!

The unbelievable wranglings at work, the mannerlessness of one who thinks her entitlement must be obeyed, the one who carries injustice on one shoulder and piety on the other. The omo abii pabes.

Ah! I saw shege pro max but I have to give it to BigG!

A baller and a half is He!

Every single thing that happened was a teaching moment.

He would give me a hint ahead and when it unfolded, He would say, 'no! Don’t do that'. 

That is what they will expect you to do and I would listen and recaliberate.

I had so many lessons in responding.

So many, I was told to ignore and it took gbogbo everything to do so.

I watched old men make fools of themselves and the young reject wisdom for their ego trip, thereby confirming the very thing they felt they were disproving.

I am thankful and grateful to the Guide of my life who never leaves me without help.

I know that I needed the lessons and I am utilizing all now.

I have enjoyed a beautiful year and I know the rest of it will be even better and I look forward to the New Year where I am already aware new rules will apply cos He told me so.

I am sure the horde will think it will be business as usual and I can’t wait to upscale as He said.

We getting bigger everyday!

No limitations!

We have moved!

 

Comments