ADVERTORIAL!

Extra! Extra!! Read all about it!!!

I wonder if that method of advertisement used to truly work? I mean in the very very olden days. I know they used to work when I was a child becos it was my job to stand gaurd and watch out for the newspaper man and they had these horns they used to call attention in addition to their loud voices calling out the names of the newspapers. Daily Times! or more appropriately, Dele Times! Concord! Punsh! Van......! No oh, I was a big girl when Vangaurd started now! But as pe I had no aburo, I still had to do the newspaper walk every day.
Someone asked me why I was blogging and it made me think(not that I dont try to do that once a month, think I mean!) but I truly needed to think abourit. Why is Nike wasting precious time (? to whom abeg?) blogging?

So I went back and read my very first blog post http://randomthoughts-n.blogspot.com/2012/01/beginners-luck.html I still like my reasons for starting and I still think they are pretty much accurate but this thing seems to be taking on a life of its own. Prominent among the new reasons for doing this is still ME in addition to YOU and also the fact that some people actually think I may be able to write worth the number of minutes it takes them to read my posts. I do not kid myself that my writing can rival any other but I think I would still write if no-one reads and I have written a lot that no-one has ever read (nor will ever read!). Its just that the opportunity cost of writing makes me require validation.

So in essence this is what this is, a sales pitch. I truly need convincing that I (maybe) can do this and so am asking for comments, membership,whatever you can do to let me know if reading one or two (hopefully, not the worst one or two) blog posts convinces you that maybe I should keep doing this. I know how very needy it sounds but if you could also just let me know why, that would be great! I have already 2 great people who let me know by joining up what they think of my writing and am grateful but 2, (seriously?!) 2 reeks of 'shut it down already!'.

Then there's also the great kindred spirit who is determined to rock my world by saying delicious things about my writing none of which I dare to believe. I know! (sorry! I know you could not guess that!) but see what good you have caused already! Anyway, I am just pressing my horn now to let you know how much this would help me focus and go on and so, do something, anything and I will then give you a new list of my reasons for blogging! Deal?

Comments

  1. I did wonder why you had no comments on your blog since I started coming here a couple of days ago.

    We've recently become acquainted on Facebook via mutual friends united against Ikhide as well as the tantalising photos of a certain self-styled chef.

    I've been reading your posts and you write well. I like your sense of humour and ability to laugh at yourself.

    I have to go and read your reasons for blogging though as I haven't found a common thread in the posts I've read so far. But that's neither here nor there, the beauty of blogging is that you can make it whatever you want it to be.

    I will be back and will make an effort to leave a comment as I read. Feedback is essential to any blogger's well-being and psyche.

    Here's wishing you every success with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehehehe!Nkem, been stalking you and no explanation was necessary!Lol@ mutual friends united against Ikhide! & that our chef who is my twin who wants to kill me with gastronomic delights! Thanks, you cant know how much this means, will let you know when I find that common thread also!

      Delete
  2. Nice....ur writing flows like a gentle stream washing over the stones of the soul. it has a smoothing effect......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wont kill me!Ha!Dont make me get used to this, hunger for it....Abeg!

      Delete
  3. Amazing, u got two followers already, some people's blogged for years and dont have any. That's a wowing effect, one thing i know is that most people who float like butterflies to kiss the petals of pink coloured blog sites like yours are usually ghost readers, phantom connoisseurs who taste the vintage wine of your posts but are too intoxicated to comment cos your brew is tastier than Bacchus'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words are.....aaahhh. Je ne sais quoi.....

      Delete
  4. I love reading your posts, but the few comments I have left in the past never seem to have been responded to....I will try to do better though, if you promise to send me goodies from Nigeria on your return home xx. #self-styled chef

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, Twin mi to sure, forgive me. You have not done adequate tutorials for me, I just found a kind person who is showing me the ropes is what. I will find them all and respond. You do know I am learning from you, seeing how much longer you've been at this than me. I deeply appreciate. Thanks and oh BTW, spread the word and dont forget to give me tips......muaahugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi N,

    I found your blog today because you stopped by my blog. That's a good way to acquire loyal followers. If you follow other people's blogs, it's highly likely they'll return the favour.
    It's also important to have a common thread linking your posts, so your readers know what to expect.
    Last but not least, always make sure you respond to comments on your blog posts promptly. Readers like to interact, so interact with them.

    Take care,
    Kiru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, Thanks Kiru, grateful for the tips. I keep hearing about this common thread, wish I knew what it was. I think maybe expect the unexpected? Will let you know once I find out. Do write a new book soon. Tired of re-reading....lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, would appreciate reading your thoughts....do drop a comment!